Did you know that your rug is at least 4000 times dirtier than your toilet bowl? There are at least 200,000 germs and bacteria in addition to dust mites, and allergens per square inch thriving in your rug. Carpets are germ breeding farms, and some of these germs and bacteria antibiotic resistant. Here are some of the most common:
1. Norovirus: If you come into contact with this virus, you may experience stomach cramps, diarrhea, and vomiting.
2. Staphylococcus: Your carpet may become infected with staff if you or a family member is an athlete and they walk barefoot on the carpet after sweating a lot. When you have a staph infection, small, red bumps may appear on the infected area. These bumps can itch and burn and will need to be medically treated.
3. Salmonella: While commonly thought to only spread through food, Salmonella can actually live and fester in your carpet. Symptoms of Salmonella poisoning include diarrhea, abdominal pain, chills, and fever.
4. E. Coli: This can be transferred to your carpet after you flush your toilet, if your pet has an accident inside the house, or if your shoes carry it in. E. Coli can cause a number of issues including urinary tract infections, respiratory infections, and pneumonia.
5. Campylobacter: This can grow in your carpet from moisture, especially during the winter months. While not as common as the other four germs, it's the most dangerous. Symptoms include bloody diarrhea, stomach cramping, and fever.
One thing that can help tremendously is steam cleaning your carpets once or twice a year. The heat and steam work to kill germs and other organisms that live in the carpet, such as fleas and dust mites. Steam cleaning also removes dander, fur and other allergens and odors from your carpets, making them look fresh and new again.
To improve your health and the overall cleanliness of your home, routine steam cleaning is the way to go. AmeriClean is a quality-oriented company dedicated to serving the needs of both residential and commercial customers. We offer competitive rates and a variety of service options. For more information, give us a call today.
Staying healthy. It's been at the forefront of most everyone's minds during the COVID pandemic, with infections and deaths taking a serious toll on thousands in our country and around the world. Staying healthy now involves the dictates of our new normal, including face masks, gloves, and social distancing.
As the pandemic continues to run its course, the national conversation revolves around two things: the disease itself and how to safely reopen businesses. Never has there been a time when sanitation techniques have been more important. Many people are understandably fearful about entering environments they've not been in for months now - whether it's their workplace, a restaurant, their doctor's office, vehicles, the list goes on.
One of the best things you can do to ease customer concerns is through consistent messaging: that your facility has taken aggressive steps to ensure their safety and security. Calling in commercial cleaning teams is one of the most effective steps you can take to sanitize your environment. EPA-approved disinfectants are the most powerful in helping to reduce risk of exposure to COVID. By killing germs on a surface via sanitizing, you can further lower the risk of spreading infection.
Bottom line: you want your environment to be safe and comfortable for those who enter it. That's why you have to assure your customers through word - and deed - that your space is a safe place to enter.
The current COVID crisis affecting the way we live is setting a new standard for safety when entering vehicles, buildings or facilities. At AmeriClean, our facility sanitation and disinfection services will help ensure that your environment is thoroughly cleaned and rid of harmful germs, bacteria and viruses. For more information, give us a call today.